collage 2026 05 21T092257.651

FATAL ACCIDENT CHARGE DISCONTINUED AFTER FAMILY DECISION

INEWS Guyana Reports : The fatal accident charge against 61-year-old Naitram Anghad of Lot 23 Number 64 Village, Corentyne, Region Six, was officially discontinued on Wednesday after the family of deceased motorcyclist Jagdeo Bhimsingh opted not to continue legal proceedings. Anghad had been charged with causing the death of 21-year-old Jagdeo Bhimsingh by dangerous driving […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 21T091249.264

FATHER AND SON DROWN IN CANAL ACCIDENT AT BLACK BUSH POLDER

Kaieteur News Reports : A father and his son perished together on Wednesday in an incident when the vehicle they were traveling in plunged into a canal at Black Bush Polder, Corentyne. Joseph Mangar, 32, and Johnathan, 4, of Limlair Village, Corentyne, were on their way to collect the man’s daughter from her school when […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 21T090929.075

PRIME SUSPECT CHANGES PLEA IN GAS STATION BOMBING CASE

In another dramatic twist, the prime suspect in the gas station bombing case told the Court today that he no longer wants to plead guilty to the charge. He told the Court that he is no longer admitting guilt, following a decision by the Director of Public Prosecution to proceed with the terrorism charges against […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 21T090625.715

MINI-BUS OPERATORS PROTEST FARE FREEZE ON ROUTE 32

Mini-bus operators plying the Georgetown to Parika route pulled the brakes on their service this morning as part of a protest demanding an increase in bus fares. The bus operators complained today that their fares have remained the same since 2017, despite fuel hikes and an increase in the price for parts for their buses. […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 21T090412.004

FOUR FISHERMEN RESCUED AFTER VESSEL SINKS IN ATLANTIC OCEAN

Four fishermen are safely back with their families after their vessel sank in the Atlantic Ocean on Wednesday afternoon following turbulent conditions at sea. The rescue operation was coordinated by Chairman of the Rosignol Fisherman’s Co-op Society Ltd, Hardat Malchan, along with Commander David Shamsudeen and ranks of the Guyana Defence Force Coast Guard. According […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 18T155148.905

TRACTOR OPERATOR SENTENCED TO 18 YEARS FOR FRIEND’S MURDER

A male from the Upper Berbice River was on Thursday sentenced to a term of 18 years of imprisonment for the murder of his friend. Maxton Walker, a tractor operator residing in Hururu Mission, appeared before Justice Simone Morris at the Berbice High Court. It is alleged that on March 18, 2024, at 7 Mile, […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 18T154544.508

BAIL DENIED IN HIRE CAR DRIVER’S FATAL STABBING

Magistrate Michelle Matthias on Friday refused bail in the manslaughter charge against a man who fatally stabbed a hire car driver. Frank McAllister, 21, of Heat Burn Village, East Bank Berbice, appeared at the Albion Magistrate’s Court. The court heard that on May 12, 2026, at Edinburgh Village, East Bank, McAllister unlawfully murdered Oswain Lawson. […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 18T154031.326

GRA MANDATES BODY CAMERAS FOR FRONTLINE CUSTOMS OFFICERS

The Guyana Revenue Authority has introduced mandatory body cameras for frontline Customs officers operating at airports, wharves, transit sheds and during law enforcement exercises. In a notice issued Friday, the GRA said all Customs officers working in frontline operations will now be required to wear body cameras while carrying out their official duties. The move […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 18T152356.017

CONSTRUCTION WORKER SENTENCED TO 18 YEARS FOR DEADLY STABBING

A construction worker was sentenced to 18 years in prison on Friday for the deadly stabbing of his friend. Andrew Seegobin, 32, from Johns, Port Mourant, Corentyne Berbice, was charged and taken into custody for the murder of Ramanand Mingo, which took place on November 19, 2023, at the Superbet shop in Johns, Port Mourant, […]

Loading

Continue Reading

MAN REMANDED FOR POSSESSION OF 2.8 KILOGRAMS OF CANNABIS

A man from Berbice was remanded to prison on Friday, May 15, 2026 after being charged with the possession of narcotics discovered in a minibus. Carlos Chung, aged 30, a cash crop farmer residing at Lot 239 Ithaca Village, West Bank Berbice, and also at Lot 50 Stanleytown, New Amsterdam Berbice, appeared before Magistrate Shivani […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 18T142242.633

PRISON SERVICE SEEKS PUBLIC’S HELP IN RECAPTURING ESCAPED INMATE

The Guyana Prison Service is seeking the public’s assistance to recapture an inmate who escaped from the Lusignan Prison on Monday. The escapee is Adrian Damder, whose last known address is 44 Graham Street, Better Hope, East Coast Demerara. According to the Prison Service, Damder is incarcerated for threatening language. Authorities are urging anyone with […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 18T141542.647

BAIL DENIED FOR MAN ACCUSED OF BOUTIQUE BREAK-IN

Magistrate Shivani Lalaram denied bail on Friday for a man accused of breaking into a boutique at Bath Settlement, West Coast Berbice and stealing several items. Jai Chamanlall, 30, of Bath Experiment, West Coast Berbice, appeared at the Weldaad Magistrate’s Court where it was alleged that between Friday, May 8, and Saturday, May 9, 2026, […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 14T190508.679

TEENAGER FACES 15 TRAFFIC CHARGES IN LETHEM COURT

Nineteen-year-old Joel Darrel from Lethem, Region Nine (Upper Takatu-Upper Essequibo) was on Tuesday slapped with 15 traffic-related charges when he appeared before Magistrate Omadatt Chandan at the Lethem Magistrate’s Court. Police stated that on Friday, April 24, 2026, along the Tabatinga Public Road, Lethem, Central Rupununi, the teen was driving without being the holder of […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 14T184951.972

MINIBUS DRIVER CHARGED IN FATAL NORTH RUPUNUNI ACCIDENT

news Source Guyana Reported : A 54-year-old Linden resident, Lester Baker, who was the driver of a minibus that was involved in a fatal accident along the Toka Trail in North Rupununi has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving. The accident occurred on the night of May 11, resulting in the death of […]

Loading

Continue Reading
collage 2026 05 14T184043.503

WELDER SENTENCED TO 18 YEARS FOR RAPE OF CHILD

A welder from Rosignol, West Bank Berbice, was sentenced to 18 years in prison for raping a girl. Robert Campbell, 37, appeared before Justice Simone Morris at the Berbice High Court. The charges state that on April 30, 2020, Campbell committed a sexual act against a 12-year-old girl in Berbice. He pleaded not guilty, but […]

Loading

Continue Reading